Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Paper Punch Pumpkins Tutorial

If you're looking for the Flasback Friday challenge post, click here! I've been using my punches a lot lately, and realized I don't need my fancy cricut machine or even my Sizzix dies(which are still great for cutting chipboard!) I started my paper crafting adventure with die cuts, and have missed using them on my projects. So I was scanning Youtube for punch art, and saw these cute pumpkins made with scalloped ovals. You can use plain ovals as well! So here is my little tutorial on how I made mine.
Start with 6 punched ovals, and stamp or ink them as desired.
Ahere the 2 bottom pieces together as shown, and add a piece of twine, yarn, or ribbon for the stem. For the next layer, adhere sticky back foam as shown. The one on the right is offset on purpose, so when you attach them to the bottom piece, the foam isn't in the way.
Layer them on the bottom as shown. For the top piece, adhere foam in the middle.
Attach to the middle pieces as shown.
Here is a side view of mine. I did use a thinner type of foam so I could mail them without being too thick. For a scrapbook page though, thicker foam would be fine. Thanks for looking at my little punch art today, and I have some fabulous flowers to share later made with border punches!!

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, what a great idea, Pam!! I have lots of different sizes of oval punches--these would be really fun to play with. I've got to put this on my to-do list! Thanks. :)

Meggymay said...

Super idea Pam, thanks for sharing it. Yvonne x