Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Country Birds

Hello, and Happy Friday to you! Today's card I have made for the JustRite Stampers Friday Challenge, which is Things with Wings. I used the Spellbinders Nested Bird dies, and embossed the large bird with the Spellbinders Butterfly Impressabilities. I then lightly inked over it with my foam blender tool. For the small bird, I used the Impressabilities as a stencil, and a white marker. The pretty patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye, and I did some selective die cutting with the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares die under the bird's nest. I then used a smaller square for the sentiment which is from the JustRite A Day in the Country stamp set. The nest was made with thin strips of cardstock that I crunched up and glued in place.
Here is a close up of the bird's nest. Thank you so much for stopping in for a look!

 

10 comments:

sheila said...

These birds are so, so sweet! I love that color blue against the "grained" patterned paper. Lovely job!

Meggymay said...

This looks so cute, its a super die cut and I love how you made the nest.
Yvonne


Unknown said...

This is so cute. I really like the birds and the paper.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

That is sooo cute!!!! You did a great job!

Holly Young said...

what a darling bird,,,,,,and that nest is brilliant!

Sheri said...

What a clever way to make a nest - Love it! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Marge said...

GORGEOUS card, awesome papers, great birds and that nest is just perfection -- LOVE it!!!

Diane said...

Very pretty and eye catching...it caught mine!!

bumblebee creations said...

OHHHH>>>> I love this!!

Terry said...

Love these birds! What a great project!