Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Springtime Hello

I am anxiously awaiting for Spring to come!! Just to have temperatures at 50 or above would be wonderful!! Today's card is one I made for the challenge at The Paper Shelter blog. The theme is to use animals, and I have chosen to use a Paper Shelter image called Teddy Bear Picking Flowers. I printed him out onto water color paper, and used Distress inks and a paintbrush to color him in. Water coloring takes me a long time, this image took about an hour and 15 minutes to complete! But it is oh so cute! When I was done, I really didn't want to figure what papers and such to use, so I grabbed all sorts of bits that was on my desk. Die cuts from my grab bag, ribbon, enamel dots, just anything that was in sight! It all goes together fairly well I think! I searched for a stamped sentiment but there was none to be found! So a Unity stamp set was right in front of me, so I used one from it, and paper punched it out with a scrap of water color paper. My punch didn't like it very much!! The paper is so thick. Anyway, as always, thank you for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Love that little bear carrying a springtime bouquet! Adorable card, Pam. Happy Weekend!

Meggymay said...

A delightful card Pam. I think we are all waiting for Spring.
Yvonne x

Anna said...

Great card! This image is so cute! Great coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter this week and good luck :)
Hugs

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card Pam and thank you for using a Paper Shelter image you have done a fabulous job of colouring him with your DIs. Thank you so much for joining in our Animal Challenge at The Paper Shelter this week, hugs Susan x