Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Chinese Lantern

Hi there! I saw a card on Pinterest that used the Artisan Label punch to make a stoplight, and I got the idea to make a Chinese Lantern with it. This punch has a couple coordinating stamp sets that go with it, and I used the Label Love set. I then used the coordinating 7/8" scalloped circle punch to punch out the center. I punched a larger circle out of vellum, and colored it with the Blendabilities markers to make it look like a glowing lantern.

For the card's panel, I stamped the Flowering Flourish with Pear Pizzazz, stamped the sentiment from Choose Happiness with Tangelo twist, then used foam dimensionals to pop up the lantern. I first drew a chain from the lantern to the branch, then decided to use pearls instead, I like that better!

I love my paper punches, and I also love when it has a matching stamp set!! The new Holiday Catalog that Stampin' Up! has out right now has a few new punches that I will be ordering shortly!! ;)

Thanks as always for stopping by!

3 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beauiful card for a friend, love the words.
Yvonne x

Terry said...

Love the lantern and I know your friend will as well! Enjoy the day!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

That is too cute and pretty! Your friend will love it!