Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Gift Box Punch Board


Today I'm sharing this box I made with the gift box punch board following the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers using Flirty Flamingo, Mint Macaron and Night of Navy. The desert option this time is add a die cut.

I wanted a larger box this time, but you need a 12x12 piece of card stock. Well, I don't buy any 12x12, so I modified two pieces of 8 1/2 x 11. I wish I would have thought of this a long time ago, but now I'll keep doing it!! This box calls for an 11x11 piece. So in order to get a full square, I used  the full length and cut down the 8 1/2" width to 5 1/2". For the second piece, I used the full length again, but cut the width to 5 3/4" so I could overlap and adhere the two pieces together. Now I have a full 11x11 piece! And the way this box opens(explosion style) the seams are hidden on the inside, perfect!!

To decorate it, I went full on with the die cut theme. The only stamping is on the tag. I used Sizzix, Memorybox and Quickutz dies. 3 sides are decorated:



I couldn't help but to add those cute tiny ants! They are the perfect size to go along with the fence! Thanks for stopping by for a visit, and if you have this punch board, remember that you can make your own sized paper!

Pam



2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great project Pam - and I like how you decorated your box- creative idea to get the paper larger

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous gift box Pam. I often use smaller [ A4 size we call them here], it works well and so far I have managed to get the join on a corner.
Yvonne xx