Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Stamping in Texture Paste


One of the artists of Unity's SMAK kits, Marleen, shared a canvas she made by stamping into texture paste. I loved the look, and tried to recreate it onto this 8x11 piece of watercolor paper.

The flower showed up really well, while the tag not so much. But it still gave some fun texture to play with. After smearing on some texture paste, I pushed the stamps down into it. After it was dry, I painted over it with some Gesso.

Then the fun started by using many different mediums to get a metallic look. Paint, mixatives, stencil creme, gesso, and ink. I just kept layering on everything until I was happy. I tried something else that came to me while creating. On each corner I painted on a thick coat of Gesso then put a brick wall embossing folder on top and gently pressed down. It gave a light enough texture, and I was happy with that! It showed up better after I sponged on ink.

I used other stamps from this May kit around the edges and the sentiment. Some are clear embossed. It was fun to see how everything would show up since the background is a little dark. I thought about adding some kind of embellishments, but decided to leave it as is. Another page for my cookbook journal!!

Thanks so much for visiting today!


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

Absolutely awesome Pam. A wonderful mixed media project, love the stamping into the paste and how you coloured the page.
Yvonne xx