Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Charcoal Santa


I did get another set of charcoal pencils and sticks, these are much softer and much easier to work with. They don't damage or pill the paper at all. I finished this card a few days ago, and is ready for mailing today.

I've had this Santa image for quite a few years, he's called Vintage Santa from Stampabilities. He's inked with black hybrid ink, then colored with charcoal pencils. I really didn't have to do much coloring, because this image is so detailed. I pretty much just traced all the lines and blended with my stump.

I like the black and white look, and decided not to add any color to him. The papers are from Stampin Up, sentiment from Market Street Stamps, and a few gold pearls that I found at the Dollar Tree.

Hope you all are more ahead than me this holiday!! I still have 8 or so cards to finish and mail, and also finish up my gifts for coworkers!! I'm getting there!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

Meggymay said...

I love this traditional Santa image. It looks fantastic just using the charcoal pencils.
Yvonne xx